Thursday, November 5, 2009

The influence of pop culture

The American popular culture has most influence my life through music. Music can be described as something that defines us our helps us express ourselves. I think that is a pretty accurate statement. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, especially with music genres. For me personally, I can listen to all kinds of music. I like everything from country to rap. Maybe one thing I would not enjoy would be operah. It just so happens though, I have one particular band that comes to mind when I try to think of what influences me best.
A music artist that I choose to be my influence is Coldplay. This is a band that I can recall listening to since they first came out. I love the kind of music they make, their lyrics are really meaningful and make you think. They are not techniquely considered a christian band, but their music is great because it gives an impressionistic value from the lyrics itself. Music itself has a big influence on me and my day because my mood can be easily affected upon it. When I am not doing so good, the simplest thing to help is to turn their CD on in the car. I would say that music can affect and influence us all in that way, as long as we have a good favorite band in mind to listen to.

3 comments: