Tuesday, October 13, 2009

journal 5. Nico Conti

The story that stood out to me in the reading was Papa Who Wakes up Tired in the Dark. The reason i like this one is because in the second paragraph on page 56 it says " He willhave to take a plane to Mexico, all the uncles and aunts will be there, and they will have a black and white photo taken infront of the tomb with flowers shaped like spears in a white vase because this is how they send the dead away in that country". It is my favorite story that we read because there is a lot of descriptive language and it is also shows how the people in Mexico perform their funerals for the dead. It is also a sad story because a member in their famiyl has died. my favorite sentence is the story would be from page 57. "My Papa has thick hands and thick shoes, who wakes up tired in the dark, who combs his hair with water, drinking his coffee, and is gone before we wake, today is sitting on my bed."

1 comment:

  1. Definitely my snizzit, I wrote about the same one and ya there is alot of despcriptive language. Keep on truckin mayne

    ReplyDelete