Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Snapshot Three, Neel Patel

Neel Patel
Snapshot Three: My First Job
My first job was at Tim Horton’s. I hated working there, because I was only 16 at that time and all my friends would be playing outside or hanging out and I would be working. Since I was the youngest there, I always got picked on, but there were some good memories that I will never forget. One time a customer came in and asked me for a diet cherry coke. Since we only had four drinks, I mixed the fruit punch, coke, and Dr. pepper and gave it to him. The manager was a good friend of mine so we goofed around a lot. At that time we also had free refills on drinks so the customer came back and asked my manager for diet cherry coke, and he said that we don’t sell that, so I ran up there and told him that we just started selling them like yesterday. The manager knew that this was a joke and he just let me do it. I will never forget this experience I had. Even though I hated working there but I learned a lot and met some of the coolest people in the world.

6 comments:

  1. I remember when I was first looking for a job I applied at a Tim Horton's near my house. When I walked in to turn in my app a teenage boy told me I did not want to work there! haha! That wasn't a good sign.
    That's really funny about the drink though! How did they not know?!
    And yes, jobs really do wake you up to a whole other world...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I love goofing around while at work. I work with all my friends now at Barnes and Noble, so I know what you mean when you said you meant some of the coolest people at work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can definitely relate to having work and all of my friends out doing something else thats more fun than working

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Thats good that your manager wasn't mad..

    ReplyDelete
  5. man i am sorry you had to work at a early age well at least you got paid

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow thats funny how the customer did not realize it was not a diet cherry coke

    ReplyDelete