Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Journal 5: Papa who wakes Up Tired in the Dark


I like this story the most of the reading. It is kind of sad and makes you think although it also makes you look back at the good things in life and not take things for granted. She tells the readers of her responsibities to inform her sisters since she is oldest.
My favorite sentence in the story is; " I know he will have to go away, that he will take a plane to Mexico, all the uncles and aunts will be there and they will have a black-and-white photo taken in front of the tomb with flowers shaped like spears in a white vase because this is how they send the dead away in that country."
This shows the how important family is to her family.

2 comments:

  1. I agree... that is a very well put together quote and it almost paints a picture for the reader.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought your post was very good. I thought your quote showed how close she is with her family.

    ReplyDelete