Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Journal five


While reading House on Mango Street, the story that stood out to me was "Born Bad". I thought that this story was interestine because it was sad but it gave really good description of her aunt and who she was as a person. We learn that her Aunt Lupe is a swimmer who is very sick. Her aunt Lupe was the only person who would listen to Esperanza read stories or her poems, before her aunt died she told Esperanza to keep writing because it will be the only thing that will keep her free. That day I think that Esperanza learned a lot, i think she learned to listen more and not to take everything for granted.
My favorite sentence was "But I think diseases have no eyes. They pick with a dizzy finger anyone, just anyone"(Cisneros 59). I like this sentence because it's kind of true on how things can just happen unexpected, and I feel like Esperanza lost someone who she was very clsoe to and who tought her to be a kid as long as she could.

2 comments:

  1. This story was very touching! I agree that Esperanza looked up to her aunt because she encouraged her to be free and to write what her heart tells her to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is good! Hehe your pic is scary, and i liked that sentance too!

    ReplyDelete