Tuesday, October 27, 2009

journal six

I think that House on Mango Street was a good book, and it was different from other books that I had to read in the past. There were many different key ideas in the book, but the one that I really liked was the idea of hope. Esperazan writes a lot about how she one day will have her own house, and that she was going to move out from where she lived. I learned that you can have dreams no matter what kind of condition you are in, but that if you work hard at it, and put effort to it that your dreams can become reality. One of the strengths that the book had was that it had a lot of creative write, and very descriptive. The stories were short, and to the point with a lot of similes, and metaphors. I would say that one weakness of the book was that she would write about something, and not tell us enough about what she was writing, so it would make me wonder what happen. My favorite story was A House of My own because she talks about how she wants to have her own house. “Not a flat. Not an apartment in back. Not a man’s house. Not a daddy’s. A house all my own”(Cisneros 108). I picked that quote because I think that everyone in here can relate to it because we all want to have I house of our own just like Esperanzan did.

1 comment: