Thursday, October 15, 2009

Snapshot Three


My first job was at a shoe store called Famous Footwear, I started working there last June. I can remember the first day that they called me. I was out with my friends hanging out around down town Powell when my phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Hi, my names Josh, I work at Famous Footwear"

"Oh Hi"

"Yeah, we were wondering when you could come in and start working"

"Um, Tomorrow"

"Alright sounds good, see you then"

After that I was so excited! I didn't know what to do. So I went home and went to bed early.
The next day was a Saturday and I had to be at work by 9am, once I got there I was put straight to work. Opening boxes and getting cardbord cuts while trying to put everything away. I had to put out all the new shoes, make sure that some were lefted, different colored socks on the wall, ringing people out and lots of other things. All I remember is that, that was the hardest day I have ever worked in my entire life! From then on it got easier, now all I do is stand at the front of the store and ring people out. I have worked at Famous Footwear for over a year now and i could tell you anything you wanted to know about a shoe, but i love going to work everyday and helping people with there shoe problems.

3 comments:

  1. it is good that you like your job

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your job got easier for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of dialogue. I'm going to look for you next time I go to Famous Footwear with a "shoe problem" :-)

    ReplyDelete